ASTA to Host White House Listening Session on Federal Plant Breeding Innovation Policy – January 28 in Orlando
- On January 6, 2023
In conjunction with the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), ASTA is hosting a seed industry listening session around the recently-released Request for Information (RFI) on Section 8 of the Bioeconomy EO, Biotechnology Regulation Clarity and Efficiency. The RFI requests relevant data and information, including case studies, that may assist in identifying any regulatory ambiguities, gaps, inefficiencies, or uncertainties in the Coordinated Framework for the Regulation of Biotechnology, particularly with regard to new and emerging biotechnology products. The listening session is scheduled for January 28 in conjunction with ASTA’s Vegetable & Flower Seed Conference. It is open for anyone to attend; however, in order to appropriately manage time, we ask that you sign up in advance if you plan to offer comments.
ASTA-Hosted White House Listening Session on Federal Plant Breeding Innovation Policy
Saturday, January 28 | 9 – 11 a.m. ET
Omni Resort at Champions Gate, Royal Dublin Room
Register to speak and/or submit a question in advance here (deadline is January 20)
- The session is available for in-person participation only. For transparency purposes, audio will be recorded to assist in a post-event report for OSTP.
- Each participant will be allotted approximately 3 minutes to speak, subject to final registration numbers.
- Attendance is expected to include representatives from: OSTP, EPA, FDA and USDA.
- Following oral comments from the seed industry, there will be a brief time for Q&A with attending federal representatives. If you would like to anonymously submit a question in advance for consideration, you may do so through the registration link above.
- The formal written comment period remains open through February 3, 2023.
For questions, please contact Fan-Li Chou, ASTA’s SVP, Scientific Affairs & Policy.