Bonanza Seeds is a family owned company in Yuba City CA, USA. We mainly cater to the international market, and have been in business for over 40 years. We owe our success to the skilled hard work of our partners and employees, and the unparalleled climate for producing, storing, and conditioning vegetable seeds.
We pride ourselves on providing high quality products, and solutions to growers worldwide.
THE POSITION: Global Sales Manager
This position will be responsible for selling Bonanza Seeds products to new and existing clients in all markets.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This person is responsible for developing, promoting, and selling our products throughout our global distribution network, as well as developing new markets we are not currently active in. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is motivated, self-starter, has a growth mindset, and loves to travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Call on existing and potential Bonanza Seeds clients throughout the globe. (approx. 40% travel)
• Fluent in both English and Spanish communication (written and verbal)
• Plan and conduct field days, both here near the facility, and in our clients markets
• Meet with clients when they visit our facility
• Provide technical support to clients with regards to our products.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the changing market trends and customer needs to effectively identify new vegetable seed products that will meet their needs, and will give Bonanza Seeds a competitive advantage in the market.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding the competitor’s key vegetable seed products.
• Participate with Management in forecasting and production planning
• Create and maintain market reports from visits, correspondence, and field days.
For a candidate to be successful they should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strategic Planning and Analysis – Ability to participate in the overall strategy, development and sales requirements for new and emerging vegetable seed opportunities.
• Technical Skills –Basic Knowledge of the Vegetable Fresh Market and / or Vegetable Processing market / industry. Experience in the vegetable industry or Vegetable seed industry preferred. PC skills required, CRM experience preferred.
• Interpersonal Skills – Possess strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships with Coworkers, clients, and partners.
• Teamwork – Team player with a positive attitude, as well as the ability to facilitate teamwork among staff.
• Judgment – Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Accept personal responsibility for task fulfillment and job performance.
• Professionalism – Highly self-motivated individual, with a high level of time management and organizational skills. Well-organized, committed, accurate and thorough, with attention to detail.
• Adaptability – Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to travel on a regular basis throughout the assigned territory. Ability and willingness to work outdoors and at times in adverse weather conditions.
• Dependability – Ability to work in an independent and self-directed manner.
Education and/or Experience
• Requires a minimum of a B.S. in Agronomy or Horticulture, or equivalent field.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of Agricultural sales experience, vegetable seed industry preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge of CRM system preferred
Reports to President, and General Manager
• Salary Commensurate with experience
• Medical, dental, vision
• Retirement Plan